Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the SkillsUSA ITS regional, state, and national contests will mostly be held remotely this year.
Please check with your contest staff to ensure that this information is relevant. Not all contests will follow this exact setup.
- Contest will be delivered over the Internet using Apache Guacamole software. Each contestant will have their own set of virtual machines to work on.
- Contest proctors/judges will communicate/observe contestants over a Video Conference solution (most likely Zoom)
- Internet Connection with at least 5 Mbps Download Speed
- A modern web browser (Google Chrome is recommended)
- A webcam and video-conferencing software (Zoom is the most common)
- Mouse/Pointing Device and Keyboard
- Familiarize yourself with how to use Apache Guacamole. The most important thing to take away is how to access the Guacamole menu (Press Ctrl+Alt+Shift at the same time). This menu allows you to send special key sequences and perform other tasks in the virtual machine